Bathurst and surrounding villages share a strong sense of community. Every week, local volunteers and community groups work to make our region great. The Bathurst Cycling Classic is a chance for us to showcase our community spirit to thousands of riders and spectators at an event with nationwide recognition.
The Bathurst Cycling Classic was built by volunteers who remain an integral part of the success of the event. Together with organisers and participants, volunteers bring the regional ‘spark’ of community spirit.
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
Anybody over the age of 18 is welcome to volunteer for the Bathurst Cycling Classic.
All Bathurst Cycling Classic volunteers are required to attend one of two briefing sessions.
- Opportunity to be part of a mass participation sporting event
- Chance to showcase your local community spirit
- Give your local community access to an exciting and nationally recognised event
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF A VOLUNTEER?
Most volunteers will be rostered as on-course marshals to help along the Bathurst 2 Bathurst course on Sunday 15 March 2020. This role requires volunteers to assist riders and motorists, but not direct traffic.
Other volunteer roles include:
- Preparations during the lead up to the event
- Assisting with set up
- First aid first responders
- Marshalling at the B2B start line